Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Verse Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Are you gonna be away?; Place all absence/vacation notices here.
Topic Started: May 14 2011, 02:17 PM (8,872 Views)
abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
Please place all vacation/absence notices here. Do not make individual threads!

Thanks!

-abbey
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yes, even us admins do take vacation every now and again...

I will be gone from Monday, June 13 through Friday, June 17 (approx.).

I plan on taking my computer, but that might not happen and if it does, I cannot guarantee regular access.

I will get some posts up today so you all can have some things to do.

-abbey
Posted Image

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
Hey...

GrimJack is on vacation. His family surprised him with it. He was just expecting a "staycation."

So he'll be gone for a couple of days.

-abbey
Posted Image

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
I will be going to the land of dial up this weekend. Leaving tomorrow and be back Sunday evening.

I may get the chance to get online while I am gone, but I won't promise anything.

-abbey
Posted Image

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
I will be out of touch Friday and Saturday (8/6-7). Hubby and my first romantic time away in ages!

I'll probably be back online Saturday night.

-abbey
Posted Image

Amber Kynes
Member Avatar

Ok, this isn't really an away, but more of a heads up about a likely slow-down in my activity.

I do over the phone tech support for Verizon Fios. With the union strike, the calls the union workers normally would take get routed to those of us that aren't union.

What that means is this...

More customers angry about delays in installations and repairs that take it out on those of us answering the phones, and demanding to talk to supervisors. Generally higher call volume, and general chaos. In short, more stress for us non-union employees. More stress means lower muse. So...if I'm slower than usual in putting up posts, that's the reason why. I don't know how long the strike will last obviously, so...this is a sort of 'just in case' thing, in the event it goes on a long time.
<center>Posted Image</center>

Firecat
Member Avatar

Advance notice of an upcoming away:

I just spoke with my mother, and she and a friend will be coming up to get me on Friday and take me back down to where she lives for a visit with friends and family over my vacation time. I will be gone from some time on Friday until some time on Monday. (12/23 through 12/26.)

I highly doubt I'll be able to get online, unless I can finagle a way to score a laptop to take with me. I'm going to try, but I can't make any promises.

So assume I'll be MIA for those days. I'll edit when I know roughly what time frame I'm looking at to leave. Knowing my mom, it won't be until late Monday before I return.
Posted Image

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
I am leaving for a week in Florida! I'll be gone from home between 2/26 until 3/3 or so.

I do plan on having my computer with me, so there is a definite possibility that posting will not be hampered much.

Just wanted you all to know.

-abbey
Posted Image

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
Thanks to unexpected bonuses, the fam and I will be gone on vacation for a few days. I will be away from Sunday, July 22 until approx. Friday, July 27, if not sooner.

I will have my computer with me, but I am not going to make promises!

-abbey
Posted Image

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
It is that time again; the annual girls' weekend for non stop shopping! I will have my computer, but will only be online at night and not nearly for the length I am usually.

So basically, I will be in limited access from 8/10 - 8/12.

-abbey
Posted Image

Amber Kynes
Member Avatar

Going to Kentucky to get a car from my mom. I'll be gone from 8/26 until around 8/29. I'll have my netbook with me, but it's doubtful I'll be able to post. I'll be spending as much time with my mom and brother as I can. I don't get to see them often. But I will try to get this Amber post I've been working on done before I go to bed tonight.
<center>Posted Image</center>

DrPain
Member Avatar

Uh oh. FC's going to be mobile. I foresee lots of mayhem from this. ^_^

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
*claps happily*

Dinner anyone?
Posted Image

Adria Stark
Member Avatar

Going to be away from May 16th until May 19th. Going to Great Lakes, IL for my brother's boot camp graduation.

~FC
Posted Image

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
I'm going on vacation from 6/12/13 through 6/17/13. I won't be completely offline during that time though. Hubby will be working a little every day, so I will have some online time to play with.

Ahhh... A trip to San Diego in honor of our 20th Anniversary (actually in August) SANS children. My parents and hubby's parents are so shiny for volunteering to do "kid duty." Awesome.
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Absences and Vacations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Top RP Sites
Finding Serenity The Vow Lost In Serenity
ALL Firefly, Serenity material including characters, Firefly/Serenity photos & graphics belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, 20th Century Fox, and Universal Studios. The 'Verse Online is NOT affiliated with any of the above. We make no profit, nor do we ever intend to.
Created by Vocal. of Zathyus Networks