Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Verse Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Transitions - Aside 3: Come Together
Topic Started: Mar 28 2013, 12:44 AM (10,043 Views)
The Regent Hotel
Member Avatar

It was a busy night at the Regent. However, it was a standard thing for the Regent, especially in their dining room.

But things were going to get more interesting as time progressed that night. All because a couple of people will end up in the same room as each other in an epic union.

So let's just watch and see what happens.

Just so you know... You might want to stand back a little.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Abenette Kelker
Member Avatar

Abe came from here.

The Dining Room

Posted Image

Abe waited, shifting only slightly uncomfortably in her only sexy dress she owned. It was not often she donned this get up, but it was a special occasion.

A date with Gus.

A date with the man she had been traveling with and sharing a bed for quite a while now.

She wondered what this could mean for their relationship if this night went horribly wrong. She knew she cared about the guy and thought he was one of the most sexy guys she'd ever met. But was there something deeper there? Was she even ready for something deeper? Or was it just a friends/coworkers with benefits thing?

The biggest question was whether or not she cared which way the chips fell?

She didn't know, so she nursed a cocktail as she waited.
Posted Image

Cerberus Security
Member Avatar

Moore and Aeryn came from here.

The Regent Hotel's restaurant was busy, but not overly crowded. It was relaxed, yet very posh. The perfect Upper Eavesdown restaurant, ready to please it's customers with just about any sumptuous gourmet fare or libations.

Officer Moore walked into the Regent like he owned the world. With Aeryn on his arm, they looked like a beautiful couple out for the night. That is if you ignored the stress and strain on Aeryn's face. Or if you just weren't paying attention.

Since he had called in earlier to reserve a table, they were immediately shown to their seat. As they passed by the people at other tables, he took stock in them quickly, just as he was trained to do: politicians, party goers, birthday celebrations in the back corner, business meetings. etc. They were mostly innocuous enough, but he did notice a couple of ruffians, mainly members of the waitstaff, that had been busted on occasion for drop use, a couple of thugs guarding a not so upright citizen doing late night business and a simple young girl in a coral colored dress that was waiting for someone. Odd... Why she had tripped his radar, he had no idea. She looked like she might have been a teenager out on her first date. He shrugged a little and moved on until they were sat at a table near the rear of the facility by an exit door. One that once Moore was seated, he could see just about everything that went on in the place. A tactician's masterpiece.

When they sat down, he looked at Aeryn as the waiter handed her a menu.

"You should eat something, even if you don't want to," he told her with the most sincere look on his face. "I've been through the loss of someone close to me due to violence. You just have to eat or you'll waste away and that would not honor their memory at all."

Of course, Moore was lying. He'd never even been in a serious relationship. He was a company man through and through. Cerberus Security was his life.

"I have Ajax's notes here and I know that you have probably been over this a million times already, but can you tell me about what you saw when you found your boyfriend at the Cabaret Royale earlier?" He smiled softly and most apologetically at her. Like he was pained to make he go over that all again. "But not yet. I want you to eat first and try to relax a little. I know that it sounds impossible to do right now, but you have to at least try."

So to try to lighten things up a bit, he launched into some small talk.

"So it is obvious what I do for a living," he started. At least it was fairly obvious that he was in some type of law enforcement, due to the badge, but Aeryn didn't know what Cerberus Security also handled or who they ultimately reported to. "Tell me about yourself. What do you do?"
<center>Posted Image</center>

Octavius C. Roman
Member Avatar
Master Killer
Octavius came from here.

Octavius took the side streets and alleys to get to the Regent Hotel. He kept to the shadows and constantly took time to smell and listen to see if the woman he had encountered back in the hotel room was following him. He even made sure to double back a few times just as a precaution.

He entered through the exit and immediately began to scan his surroundings and assess the threat levels. He took note of the hired muscle keeping guard of someone sleazy doing business that was most likely just as sleazy. The business man was a minimal threat, while his guards were minor inconveniences. There were some of the waitstaff that looked like they had a few run-ins with the law. Judging by the looks of their faces and body language, it was mostly drug related. They were a minimal threat as well as Octavius caught scent of Abe and headed her way.

As he made his way over to her table, he made an additional note of a couple seated at one of the tables. The woman looked like she didn't want to be there and he had a slightly odd feeling about her. Her "date" smelled like law enforcement. He was either a cop, a Fed, or some low level rent-a-cop. Octavius made sure to keep an eye on the man just in case.

Pulling up to Abe's table, Octavius mulled over what the woman had told him and said to Abe, "Sorry if I might be a bit late. Had a wardrobe malfunction and hit a bit of traffic along the way. I plan on makin' it up to you though."
Posted Image

Abenette Kelker
Member Avatar

Abe heard him before she saw him. No one had the gait that Octavius did. A heavy, but powerful stride that she had walked side by side with on a daily basis.

"Sorry if I might be a bit late. Had a wardrobe malfunction and hit a bit of traffic along the way. I plan on makin' it up to you though."

She stood up to greet him, her hip kicking of to the side (like her pic above) in a totally sensual way.

"Wardrobe malfunction?" she asked with her eyebrow raising a little. She took in his appearance. Gone were his regular cargos and tank, instead he wore a nice pair of leather pants and a sport jackety thing. It wasn't like the 3 piece suits the others in the room wore, but it was dressy and somehow fit in. She could ever see him in a suit. This outfit was totally him. "Doesn't look like it's malfunctionin' at all. Did you force it into submission? Because I have to say that it is workin' well for you."

Man it was hard not to check him out. She wished she could have sat in the other chair so she could have witnessed him approaching.

"And makin' it up to me? You have any ideas on that?" she smiled coyly as she sat back down.

She crossed her legs, showing the mega stilettos she was wearing. But then her mind started churning. Traffic? Since when did traffic matter to him?

"Traffic? What kind of traffic?" she asked, her eyes doing a quick sweep of the room.

The two of them weren't exactly church choir material and unlawfulness was an almost daily habit. Plus there was the fact that in the short past, Octavius had offed a guy in a very public place.

"You... uh... have any visitors?" she asked, wondering if there was any kind of run in with law enforcement.
Posted Image

Octavius C. Roman
Member Avatar
Master Killer
"Wardrobe malfunction?" "Doesn't look like it's malfunctionin' at all. Did you force it into submission? Because I have to say that it is workin' well for you."

"Thanks." replied Octavius, doing a casual sweep of his surroundings with his eyes and ears without making it look like he was.

"And makin' it up to me? You have any ideas on that?"

"Maybe, but I ain't tellin'." Octavius answered, giving Abe a small smile as he sat down after she did.

"Traffic? What kind of traffic?"

"Foot and vehicular." he answered while pretending to thumb through the menu.

"You... uh... have any visitors?"

"Yeah, but they weren't the law if that's what you're wonderin'." Octavius said as if reading Abe's mind. He put the menu down and commented, "You look stunnin' in that outfit by the way. Is it new or just somethin' I haven't seen before?"
Posted Image

Abenette Kelker
Member Avatar

Abe listened to Octavius's answers.

"Yeah, but they weren't the law if that's what you're wonderin'."

Her eyes narrowed a bit, expecting just a little more in the way of explanations.

"You look stunnin' in that outfit by the way. Is it new or just somethin' I haven't seen before?"

"Yes, I do look stunnin' in my outfit and it was somethin' I had tucked away in my duffle just in case I needed it," she said quickly before getting to the meat of her thoughts. "And don't change the subject, Gus. I want details about your visitors. If'n I know as much as you, then I can protect us better and you know'd that."

She crossed her arms and sat back a little, waiting for an answer.

And she wanted a truthful one.
Posted Image

Cerberus Security
Member Avatar

Moore eyed Aeryn as the menu sat unopened in front of her. Her silence was annoying him.

"It would not be good for you to clam up at this moment. The more you can tell me, the better we will be able to catch the guy who killed your fiancé."

He got impatient, showing a little bit of his true colors by snapping his fingers in front of her face. He quickly pulled his hand back and apologized.

"I'm sorry, that was insensitive of me. I am just eager to find this guy," he said in his most contrite voice. "Can you tell me what you remember again?"

He looked down at his menu.

"I really want you to eat now. It will help," he pressed gently. "Do you need me to order you something?"

Aeryn Dex
Member Avatar

Aeryn started to reach for the menu, the sympathetic words barely registering in her mind. While they might have been well meant, they wouldn't bring him back to life. Her boyfriend... her almost-fiance... would still be dead, and there would still be a hole in her heart. Her fingertips rested on the edges of the menu, and she stared at it unseeingly. Then the officer had to go and ask her to... once again... go over the events from earlier. That was the last thing she wanted to do right now. Wasn't it enough that she had lost the love of her life, that she had been the one to discover his body when she had spoken to him mere minutes before? Her stomach churned, and she thought she might be sick all over the table.

The fingers in her face made her eyes snap up to the man across from her, the anger in them doing little to mask the pain she was in. "Yes. It was. Not to mention rude. I'm not a gorram dog" she growled at him, her voice pitched low so as to not cause a scene. Despite her comment about not being a dog, the growl in her voice and the look in her eyes said she just might bite his hand off if he stuck it in her face like that again. "And no. Not right now. Not in public like this. The people of this damn dirtball have enough to gossip about already. I won't give them more than I have to." There was nothing she could do to prevent the photos and videos of her discovering the corpse of her man from hitting the airwaves. But she could keep the scavengers from having more tidbits to chew on.

She flipped her menu open in irritation, scanning the options. The question about ordering for her earned the officer another look of annoyance from her. "I'm perfectly capable of ordering for myself, thank you" she said coldly, still failing to mask the pain she was in. She was grieving, not a child or a halfwit. A part of her felt bad for being so harsh, but she felt the need to lash out at something or someone. He just happened to have made himself a target by snapping his fingers in her face.

Cerberus Security
Member Avatar

Moore could tell that he had stepped over the line when it came to his actions. He was being a little too eager. And more than strong when it came to his tactics. He was going to have to dial it down some.

"Yes. It was. Not to mention rude. I'm not a gorram dog"

"Again... I apologize. I just don't want to let this guy get too far. I want to catch him."

Boy was she mad. He would probably be too, if he was in her shoes. But the fact of the matter was that he wasn't in her shoes. And he had a job to do and a mission to complete.

"And no. Not right now. Not in public like this. The people of this damn dirtball have enough to gossip about already. I won't give them more than I have to."

His jaw tightened in frustration. She had to know something. Her actions with the cortex link meant she was getting in somewhere, but she had locked them out before they could see what or where she had gone.

He wondered if she had the information on her. Would it be as simple as getting her outside, killing her and taking it from her lifeless body? Nothing more would make him more happy, but he had to make sure. If he did that and she didn't have the information on her, then he was screwed and the man in charge would not like that one little bit. He didn't feel like signing his own death warrant.

"I'm perfectly capable of ordering for myself, thank you"

He was going to have to figure out a way to smooth things over. He needed to get her calm and get her to open up to him.

Miss Dex, I apologize and I mean it. I really do. I hope you will forgive-" he started again, but he caught movement behind him and he couldn't believe it. Striding through the crowd was a well dressed Guy who just oozed menace.

It was kind of surreal. The environment did not fit that guy. Not unless he planned on taking someone out right there in the room. Then, he actually sat down at a table with a pretty woman. Petite thing, not really his style. Moore liked them a little more durable. But then again, if she was with the likes of him, maybe she was durable.

His eyes knitted together a little.

Was the guy on a date?

Cerberus Security
Member Avatar

Moore was babysitting Aeryn Dex when his CorPad beeped indicating an incoming message. He casually flipped it open and read it. It was from Senior Officer Ajax. What it said surprised him.

Quote:

Attention all Cerberus Officers.  Be on the lookout for this man (see picture attached).  His name is Octavius Roman and is extremely lethal.  If you see him, DO NOT TRY TO DETAIN HIM.  Just surveil him and report in.  There will be a monetary bonus for the first person to put eyes on him. The woman (see attached also) is also in play and her involvement needs to be removed.  Do what is needed to make sure of it.

Dear God... He was looking at the guy. But the girl he was with was not the one in the picture. Maybe she was a whore or a Companion?

"Excuse me, Ms. Dex," he said to her very cordially. "I just need to report to my superiors. I can double check with them at the same time to see if there is any more information, if you'd like."

He figured that tacking on that last part would help make the act of reporting in that he had eyes on the guy much easier and less offensive.

And the monetary bonus? That was icing on the cake.

Before he could hit reply, another message came in, addressed especially to him.

Quote:

Text Wave to Moore:
Do you have Aeryn Dex still under surveillance?  If so, pick her up immediately and bring her in under the order of protective custody.  She had a tie to Roman and we will need to utilize that in order to bring him in.

Please report.

A smile crossed his lips. He had both Aeryn Dex and Octavius Roman in his sight. How fortuitous.

He typed out a quick response.

Quote:

Senior Officer Ajax, yes I still have Aeryn Dex.  I am actually having a bite to eat with her at the moment.  We are at the Regent Hotel.  I will bring her in.

Also, how much is the bonus, because Octavius Roman is sitting five tables away.

Please advise on next steps

Perhaps this was turning out to be his day.

He received a message back almost immediately.

Quote:

Sit tight Officer Moore.  Backup en route.

Moore acknowledged the message and sat back.

Easy peasy, he thought.

Gabrielle Andrews
Member Avatar

Gabrielle had arrived and stayed in the shadows. Well, more like the HVAC system. She was above, perched in between where Abe and Octavius sat and where a Cerberus Agent and Aeryn Dex sat. Luckily Roman was seated with his back to Dex. That was good.

So she watched.

And she waited.

When the time came, she would either follow Roman and his "date" out or she would intervene and make sure he did not fall into "enemy" hands.

She looked at her watch and kept track of the time. Dear God... This was going to take forever. He was really going to do the whole wine and dine and sweep her off her feet thing.

What the Hell was wrong with his programming? Something was definitely off. She was pretty sure that the neural enhancement suite was malfunctioning, because it was surely not the affect that the tiny gunslinger had on him.

That is unless she was feeding him some kind of inhibitor. Then that begged the question... Who really was Abenette Kelker? And who did she work for?

Her brow furrowed in speculation. It was interrupted by the fact that she got another message.

Eclipse had already landed. And Gwen 2.0, as she was so fondly known as, was the agent in charge.

Could things be even more rutting complicated?
Posted Image

Octavius C. Roman
Member Avatar
Master Killer
"Yes, I do look stunnin' in my outfit and it was somethin' I had tucked away in my duffle just in case I needed it," "And don't change the subject, Gus. I want details about your visitors. If'n I know as much as you, then I can protect us better and you know'd that."

Octavius was going to say something to Abe when he caught that weird smell. The same one from that woman that had been in his and Abe's room. He moved closer to Abe and half whispered half growled into her ear, "We need to go. Now. This place has been compromised and you better be armed, cause shit's about to hit the fan."

Posted Image

Abenette Kelker
Member Avatar

Regent Hotel

Abe was getting annoyed with Gus's lack of information sharing. She really did need to know what was going on. How was she supposed to have his back or even protect herself if she didn't know who the players were?

She almost thought he might share, but instead his eyes immediately began to scan the room. Then he leaned in and she thought maybe he ws going to say something and he did, but just not what se wanted to hear.

"We need to go. Now. This place has been compromised and you better be armed, cause shit's about to hit the fan."

Abe straightened up, her hand moving to her clutch.

"I'm armed. Why are we compromised?" she asked in a low voice as her hand wrapped around Dude. "What do you know?"

She and Gus rose in sync and she was poised to shoot their way out if needed. That's when she saw her. The guy that Gus killed in order to protect her from Ink? The fiancée? She was sitting just a couple of tables down with a Cerberus Security officer.

"Don't know if this is what you mean, but the guy's fiancée is sitting right over there with a Cerberus guy. You know, the guy that you killed?" she whispered, motioning her head towards them. "Or are you talking about someone else?"
Posted Image

Cerberus Security
Member Avatar

Ajax came from here.

Regent Hotel - Outside Dining Room

Ajax arrived just outside the dining room doors to join the other agents he had sent there. He looked in and ascertained the location of Roman and his companion and Moore and Aeryn Dex.

"The target is there. By the name of Octavius Roman," he said as he pointed out Octavius. "Very deadly. Leadership wants him alive. But he won't be easy to take down."

He looked into the doors of the Dining Room.

"If he moves, we'll move on him."

Only a few moments later they watched as Roman and his companion stood up, gearing for a fight.

"NOW! GO! GO!"

And Ajax stormed the dining room with 6 other officers.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Regent Hotel · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Top RP Sites
Finding Serenity The Vow
ALL Firefly, Serenity material including characters, Firefly/Serenity photos & graphics belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, 20th Century Fox, and Universal Studios. The 'Verse Online is NOT affiliated with any of the above. We make no profit, nor do we ever intend to.
Created by Vocal. of Zathyus Networks