Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Verse Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Introduce Yourself!; Hey, how are ya'!
Topic Started: May 18 2015, 01:09 AM (2,573 Views)
abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
Include here info about yourself that you think the others might want to know.

Have fun!

-abbey
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

abbey
Member Avatar
Administrator
Hey all!

This is abbey. I am an admin here, so you can contact me (or any of the other admin cronies) if you need anything.

I am a 40-something gal who lives in the USA in the Eastern Standard Time Zone (GMT -5:00).

I am married (for 20+ YEARS!!!), have 2 cute kiddos and am a stay at home mom.

Also a huge insomniac, so sleeping? Not so much. Hence the crazy hours that I am around.

I started RPing back in 2008 and was hooked. I love it! Can't imagine life without my favorite hobby. Well, actually I can, but I believe it would be more of a dystopian concept and quite grim. :o

-abbey
Posted Image

Rabbit
Straight Outta Eavesdown
Hey, I'm Rabbit. I'm newly 31 and I've been roleplaying online since the days of AOL, so... almost 20 years now? Of course, when I was 11 I was passing as an adult, so I have some serious fantasy and sci fi writing experience under my belt.

Some know me from BDV (hi) and I've also RPed on Star Trek, Potter and Romance of the Three Kingdoms boards. Yes, that's ancient China on that last one.

Wind me up and watch me go.

Ian Dugan
Member Avatar
Death's Toy Boy
Well, in that case ...

I'm Ian Dugan. I just turned 55 in RL, if you can believe that. I've done roll playing since about 1980 and have been on LiS, FS, BDV and here TVO and a few others. I got into RPG's with the AD&D version 1.0 from TSR and Gary Gygax

Like Abbey, I am also an Admin. I was an Admin on Lost in Serenity (LiS), then Finding Serenity (FS) before finally become one here.

I am not as amazing as Abbey but I try. I only have four characters that I have to worry about.
Posted Image

Jynx
Member Avatar
The Typo Knig
Hi all!

I'm a twenty y/o dude who goes online by the name Jynx, but you can call me Jynx. And no, not that Jynx, the other one. Apparently the other Jynx is quite popular because everyone is always asking if I'm her. :P

I've been RPing on and off for about fourteen months now - new kid on the block, I know - and have been everywhere from Pern to Fallout RP. I'm quite exited to RP The 'Verse.

For me, online writing is a great way to relax and a very powerful tool for improving my skills as a writer. I'm very laid back and I welcome constructive criticism; if you see something in a post that needs changing, or even a bad writing habit I have, please point it out. I'm all about improving and, trust me, you'll have a very difficult time hurting my feelings.

All that aside, I can't wait to start writing with y'all. ~ Jynx
Sent from my typewriter

Arlanni

I'm 4 years younger than Ian Dugan, started RP gaming with the same game 2 years earlier, and have been an admin on 1/3 as many boards.

Some here would be familiar with me from BDV as Synthia Lyndon Heller.

Just Joe

"Who's that, then?" -Badger, Shindig

Well, as my name suggests, I'm just Joe. No more, no less. I'm a few days shy of 33, and I've been RPing online since I was about 12. I've done more Firefly than anything else (Followed Rabbit from BDV), but have extensive Marvel Comics and Star Wars writing experiencet, with a dash of Trek, Potter, and zombies thrown in for flavor. Currently, I've managed to cut down on my tabletop RPGing, and only have five IRL campaigns going.

I figured, "What do I have too much of? Oh, right. Free time.".

Ian Dugan
Member Avatar
Death's Toy Boy
Welcome to TVO guys. Glad your here. And Arlanni, I do remember Synthia Lyndon Heller. You wrote the character very well on BVD. Glad to be able to read your again.

Joe, glad you're here too.
Posted Image

Vie
Member Avatar

Hello!

I guess I will introduce myself first as it may take a little time before I apply for a character. (Soon to be going from soul-sucking, creativity-draining job-employed to liberated, creation-centered self-employed in the next few months.) I found this through some searching and lingered as a guest. I couldn't contain my excitement so instead of waiting until the switch, I had to sign up. So please don't brush me off as one-and-done - just give me a bit of time!

I RPd starting with PbP back in 1998. I enjoyed it as it carried me through college and I learned of my love of writing at this time. After college I did more RP through chat and eventually found the world of MU* RP. (Out of all the styles, I enjoyed the more RP-centered MUSHes and MUCKs.) I also was introduced to tabletop RP as well.

Life happened. Games waned and fizzled out. I've come back full circle and realize that fast-paced chat-rp just won't happen for me but I still would like to get back into RP and I'm completely open to once again doing PbP if you will have me and my character(s).

I suppose it is also at a good time as I see a fellow player who I have had the pleasure to cross paths with, Jynx, seems to be stepping back for great and noble causes. (and, I know I'm not mixing him up with the "other" Jynx.)

ETA: I stand corrected - Apparently there's a third Jynx who is male, early 20s, who plays Firefly RP, has a knack for typos, and has recently become engaged!

~Vie
Posted Image

WaydeSullivan

Hello!

I'm extremely excited to see that there is some Serenity/Firefly type RP going on someonewhere in the darkness of the Internet. To start off with a bit about myself, I'm 33 and I've been an avid RPer since I was 9 when my best friend's father introduced me to the world of Dungeons & Dragons. Ever since then, my imagination has taken flight on its own has gotten me into many of dilemmas, trails and tribulations but mostly adventures.

I've played on quite a few MUSHs over the years and have always loved the this particular show and its wide-open story. It has been awhile since I've done any RP due to real life (DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! WHY DID YOU BLOW IT UP?) and I'm ready to jump back into the saddle again.

Naniko Meissner
Member Avatar
ABCDEFG
hello o/

my name here is naniko, because that's the only character i play here (so far?).

i tend to inject and rig up my characters with chunks of myself, so to that, i really am a 30 y/o trans woman (started hormones in march 2016, yay \o/) whom is interested in music and art, and to a lesser degree, wood and metal working, sewing and weaving, and electronics.

i originally came to roleplaying via various Star wars rpg forums during and after highschool, and since then, i have had atleast some experience with several other fandoms, such as marvel/DC, star trek, Farscape (i miss farscape rpg's), Defiance (syfy original series, the rpg forum i was at, lasted a grand total, of 8 days.) a general cyberpunk forum set in the 2020/2050 era, and mad max fury road.

I did a brief stint playing EVE online, and enjoyed it, but since march 2016, my financial situation necessitated replacing eve online's pay to play costs, with hormone and vitamin costs. Sorry, but as cool as 'star wars meets cyberpunk' is, i'd rather be comfortable in my own skin for the rest of my life. (sarcastic smile ) :) :P

so, i mostly write rpg's because i have no car/moped to travel around in, its what i have experience in, and its financially free.
Edited by Naniko Meissner, Oct 7 2016, 01:05 AM.
Posted Image

Andrea

Hello everyone!

I'm Andrea, soon to be 46 yr. old female in July, gods where'd the time go?!
I live in upstate NY(if I just say NY most assume the big apple area) I'm a country girl who has love rpgs since the 80s and got my own computer for xmas and those magazines that had the coded text games you could write in. Didn't last long doing that, lack of patience but now with computers what they are, I seriously kick myself for not keeping with it. A fad they said. *sighs*
So, yes I'm in EST and home pretty much everyday from being unemployed with no decent jobs around here. Have to go 2 hours in all directions to find even part time jobs. It bites.
Leaves me puh-lenty of free time for escaping to write in the 'Verse.

I played DnD back in the day, muds, mushes, which I liked but couldn't find a decent detailed star wars one. I played Star Wars(still can't find a good writing rpg for it), Trek(still do), found Firefly and was instantly a fan. Played BDV and followed Rabbit from there.

I look forward to writing with all of you and hope you don't mind a quirky, sense of humor. :)

Caleb Hall

Ahoy there!

I'm Caleb. I'm 23, and have been RPing for...8, 9 years, maybe, on and off. Some of you might recognize me from BDV. 'Twas Joe that brought me here, and I'm looking forward to getting back into playing in the Verse. It's been a little while, and I've missed it.

Andrea

Hi Caleb!
I was on BVD too and remember you. :)

Good to see you.

IamIan!

Hai!

My name is Ian.

Joe told me to join. So, anything that I do is all Joe's fault. Also, if you need me to do anything to Joe, he is sitting seven feet to my left. Sometimes in my lap. But, you need special access for that content.

I like long walks on the beach. Cuba Libres. And romantic candlelight dinners at Whataburger.

I am twenty-four years old. I've been writing off and on for the last twelve years now.

If you'd like to learn more, all ya gotta do is ask.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Registration · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Top RP Sites
Finding Serenity The Vow Lost In Serenity
ALL Firefly, Serenity material including characters, Firefly/Serenity photos & graphics belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, 20th Century Fox, and Universal Studios. The 'Verse Online is NOT affiliated with any of the above. We make no profit, nor do we ever intend to.
Created by Vocal. of Zathyus Networks